Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

STANDARDIZATION OF KING SCOUT

I attended Standardization during last saturday until Monday. It was the last stage in a journey of becoming a King Scout. During the camp,we were tested on many skills and theories of Scouting like Fire Lighting, Bamboo Rice Cooking, Maping , Knots,First Aid & ets.


There were 6 of us who were from Kuching, Miri and Padawan. It was the first time candidates from Padawan and Miri Disctrict were being sent. Until now, there are only less then 150 King Scouts in Sarawak and they are all from Kuching & Sibu District.


I was the only candidate from Padawan and I am the first too. Therefore, I discovered and learned a lot during the camp. Being the first one , it was so tough.


We had tests continuously from morning until dawn.I was very stressful and kept encouraging myself to not give up by thinking back what  I have done in the past few years,  thought of my trainer ,my district and my mom who sew my uniform until late at night-they were my source of energy and courage. No matter will I be a King Scout or not, I am quiet confident that my knowledge and experience will come in handy to produce kingscouts from my district.
The tests required a lot of physical and mental strength, i suffered from muscular pains and cuts and wounds during the camp.


The kuching scouts are very good especially in terms of their skills. very surprisingly they are very nice too :) We had fun together despite the fatigue and stress that we had. We made jokes and laughed hard throughout the camp. Shared,supported and cared each other :) 
very sadly, the Miri candidate left on the second night, good for her too-She was not well-prepared.She cried for many times and almost fainted because of dehydrated and not eating well.Hopefully she can make it next time round if there's :)


To be a King Scout, attitude is gauged and valued too.
Endurance, patience, intelligence, respect, patriotism, mental strength, physical strength,preserverence are important elements that must be possessed before you're awarded with the King Scout Award by our Yang Dipertuan Agong & our Kings.


A journey of becoming a King Scout takes years. Throughout the journey, a scout will go through a lot and eventually grow up a lot and become a well-prepared person for his or her future.
The scouts are trained to face difficulties and obstacles in life.To be good in scouting is not easy and time-consuming but it benefits the scouts in many perspectives. :)


There are 16 badges(each represent different skill & knowledge) to be possessed before a scout is considered qualified to go for ujian sikap ( 5 sections ) and lastly standardization in which you will only be awarded if you're good enough.


KING SCOUT THE HIGHEST AWARD FOR THE YOUNG SCOUTS IN SCOUTING AND IT LASTS FOREVER AND TURN ONE TO BE A PART OF ROYAL FAMILY  :) ! 


DOWNLOADED FROM GOOGLE 
SIGNATURES OF YDA & KINGS OF MALAYSIA



No comments: