MY WAY OF ACHIEVING FOUR FLAT:
I was 2011 STPM candidate(art stream) and achieved four flat.
STEP 1: SET YOUR GOAL
1. You must be clearly acknowledged of your own skills, capabilities, interest and ambition.
2. You must aim for a certain NGMP( the highest that you believe you can get)
3. You must aim for a certain Local University and a Course.
4. Write it down on a paper and paste it on the wall right behind your bed. Make sure that piece of paper is the last thing that you read everything before you fall asleep. To make it look attractive, you can use colorful markers and decorate it with stickers or just anything. It will be the simplest tool of motivating you at all times.
STEP 2: GET OFF FROM YOUR CUSHION AND READ ALL THE TIMES
Form 6 involves a lot of reading and memorizing. The more you read and memorize, the better you are. Make use of every minute and second that you have to grab any related book and read to gain your knowledge in any subject.
I was an Art Stream student. To most of us , general studies is the hardest subject as its scope is very wide that no one can fully cover. The only thing that we can do is to read and read and read.
STEP 3: REPEATEDLY READING THE SAME FACTS
Reading for one time is seriously not enough. You have to read it for many times until you feel very familiar with every tiny thing inside your textbooks.
· Please be smart enough that the word reading here is referring to reading & understanding.
· I don’t count reading blindly without understanding as ‘reading’
STEP 4 : MAKE NOTES & DO EXERCISES
You are big enough to independently make mind-maps and short notes out of your textbooks! Be diligent enough to do that especially the tough chapters.
Must always remember that the more effort you put in the more you will get at the end. So don’t grumble and don’t sigh, just do it !
Come out with attractive mind-maps and carry it everywhere to ensure you can remember some facts in a longer term.
Do more exercises to ensure that you will not repeat the same mistakes that you made in exercises when you have your exams. In that case, you can decrease the probability of mark loss in your exams.
HOW TO MEMORISE WELL?
1. READ THE WHOLE THING
2. PRODUCE A GOOD QUALITY MINDMAP
3. MEMORIZE THE POINTS IN THE MINDMAP
4. EXPLAIN IT TO YOUR FRIEND/YOURSELF ORALLY
STEPS OF REMEMBERING:
HOW TO PRODUCE A GOOD MINDMAP?
1. Know the topic( the head)
2. Figure out the main points(The body)
3. Figure out the side points(the limbs)
STEP 5: WHEN IT COMES TO STPM
Yes you must read the whole textbooks for about 2 times a few days earlier and only read your notes the night before your exam. Never try to re-read the whole thing as that action is telling your brain that you’re not ready and so your brain will prepare to screw your paper on the next day.
SO you must be well-prepared and only revise on notes and mind maps at the night before a certain paper.
STEP 6: IN THE EXAM HALL
Pray before answering your paper. Sit properly and organize your stationery, answer sheets and question papers neatly on your table. Write your details first on the answer sheets and drink water whenever you need to crack your head. Water is great thing to help us to recall facts and to relax when we start to feel helpless and nervous when it comes to hard questions.
To me, you need to have a positive mindset in order to excel in your studies. Don’t afraid of extra work and troubles. Don’t easily get defeated and most importantly you must BELIEVE in yourself.
Every dream starts with believing. Encourage yourself with positives phrases whenever you feel weak: I CAN DO IT ! YES I CAN! THIS IS FOR MY FUTURE! So and so . whatever it’s just make sure it is something that is positive.
You must keep yourself motivated and never think of giving up.
IMAGINATION is the best thing to motivate us, to me.
Imagine that you are looking at your slip with many As.
Imagine that your photos are everywhere on the newspapers.
Imagine how proud your parents will be when they see your great result.
Imagine you are celebrating with your friends.
Imagine you are packing your stuff preparing to go to your dream school.
Imagine you are working as the person that you want to be.
Feeling great? Move on and make them REAL !